Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Tired, but a GOOD tired

A million gazillion thank yous to everyone for what was undoubtedly the best MFA residency yet. I'm thankful to be part of such a dedicated, talented group of students and professors. Now the task is to keep the ball rolling now that I'm back at home in NY. I was telling some friends of mine that in some ways it feels like I've been sucked into a sort of black hole because there's so much less culture here where I live than what I was experiencing in Boston for ten days. Gone is the constant discussion of art and art theory. Gone is the waking up and seeing art on walls for twelve hours a day. The blogs everyone in the program keeps, and our Super (Tired) Group page on Flickr are going to be very important to me for the next six months.

I've already started fiddling with my landscapes on glass. Been scratching emulsion off with an exacto knife. It feels good to have artists' materials in my hands again.

And I think I've got a mentor for the semester! Liz Untermann is the Education Coordinator at the Center for Photography at Woodstock, and an artist in her own right. Once her portfolio is approved by AIB, we're ready to go!

Happy working, everyone! Hope you all got home safe and sound.

No comments: