Friday, February 29, 2008

Maya Lin rocks the hiz-ouse (yes, I deserve to be hit for that)

Until recently I only knew Maya Lin for her Vietnam Veterans' Memorial in Washington, D.C. (which she designed in GRAD SCHOOL...ugh, it makes me sick). It turns out that her more recent work is some of the coolest, most elegant I've ever seen, and it's becoming a real influence on me.

You all owe it to yourselves to watch this documentary, and then pick up her book, "Boundaries," in which she writes about her work. Awesome stuff.

Maya Lin, Systematic Landscapes

2 comments:

Samantha said...

Kevin thanks for the post I look forward to chatting further next residency and until then commenting on blogs. I love Maya Lin's work I looked at a lot of it last semester. I wondered if you had read You Are Here: personal geographies. I read it last semester on suggestion from my mentor it's great and a quick read. Well good luck!

Elizabeth said...

hi kevin! I got your email. i thought we were meeting on sunday? I will be in MA on friday night through sunday morning. i am coming from I-90 on to 87 S. Do you have any suggestions where we could meet? is a rest area too loud and busy? Liz